Dienstag, 4. Juni 2013

The Gaitanos: Life in a Puddle - An ISBI-Challenge in Strangetown PART 3

PART 1   PART 2


The years just flew by. I continued to climb the ladder in the syndicate, and my spare time I spent with friends and family.


Vidcund was around often, and we had lots of fun together. Well, most of the time.


Deirdre grew up into a beautiful young woman. If I may say so, she is a spitting image of myself.


Everything went rather smoothly, apart from the occasional kitchen fires. I don´t know what it is with Strangetown and stoves, but the disproportionate amount of burnt omelettes and pancakes was a bit worrying.


I noticed something else that was weird. While we continued to live our lives, everyone else around us seemed to age much more slowly. When it was time to celebrate my 60th birthday, it became really obvious. All my friends didn´t look any different compared to the day I first met them.

When I mentioned it to Vidcund, he mumbled something about his aliens again. Sheesh.

I had invited all my friends, the Curious brothers, Loki Beaker, the Grunts and of course my family. I wasn´t aware that there were some long-standing disputes between the families, so before the party had even started, Loki attacked Vidcund out of the blue.


I did not want to get involved in this quarrel, and had to say goodby to Loki. It is unfortunate that he doesn´t get along well with others, but I still consider him as a friend, even if he is a little rough around the edges sometimes.


Yeah, and then the dreaded moment came. Take one last look at my stunning appearance.


An invisble force came and whirled me around, and all of a sudden, I was old!


We had a great party, though, and I consider myself fortunate to have these friends around me.


It was a rough start here in Strangetown at first, but now I can really say I have settled down. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and two lovely children. What more could a heart desire?

  


 
***
Author´s notes

Not much to say here. This ISBI challenge is going surprisingly well. No aspiration failures, no piles of ashes - it was a rather calm and fun time.
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen